Hello Stuart,

Thanks for your perspective.

On Sat, 27 Jun 2009 05:39:51 -0400, Stuart Henderson <s...@spacehopper.org> wrote:

Asking them to change license while also asking to provide binaries
for another OS is far too much in one go. Besides, adding a new OS
is "just" a technical and support issue, changing license is a very
pervasive legal issue, often involving contracts with other companies
etc. Usually a much more difficult thing to get changed.

You are probably right there, but on the other hand, someone suggested that perhaps getting Opera distributed by default with the Operating System would be enough motivation for them to make a port of it. I don't know. I think that both goals should be pursued, but I don't know how and in which order. I doubt that OpenBSD would replace Firefox with Opera on the CD-ROMs, but, hehe, I bet that would make Opera take notice. Maybe not?

Sincerely,

        Aaron W. Hsu

--
Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. -- C. S. Lewis