On 2010/01/07 15:41, Edd Barrett wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Jan 07, 2010 at 03:54:10PM +0100, Stephan Tesch wrote:
> > Thanks for the reply, I updated the port based on your suggestion.
> >
> > I got a couple of positive replies for that port and also tested the
> > mail part with OpenSMTPd (works, of course). Could someone commit this
> > to the ports tree?
>
> Here are some further comments from various porters:
>
>  * Install a sample config file (see @sample in pkg_create).
>  * Create a user for this to run as (and drop permissions to this user when
> run
>    as root). See the ziproxy port for an example of this.

opendd already has the code for this, so you should just need an
@newuser entry in PLIST (pick the next id along from a freshly updated
/usr/ports/infrastructure/db/user.list) and change the sample
config file to use it.

>  * That certificate that it installs. Is it real or an example. Can you remove
>    it from the default config. That could be scary.

that's the CA certificate used to verify the dyndns *server's*
certificate, I don't think that's a problem. I think it should be
@sample'd alongside opendd.conf though.

>  * Get it to listen to CC and CFLAGS.

there's hardcoded /etc in the source, README and sample config which
should be patched to use ${SYSCONFDIR} instead, and then do something
like 'cd ${WRKSRC}; ${SUBST_CMD} globals.h README opendd.conf' in
the pre-configure target. Just change the /etc/opendd* ones, the
/etc/ppp/ppp.linkup in README should stay as it is.