On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 9:51 PM, Antti Harri <i...@openbsd.fi> wrote:
> Great to have an updated build, but I guess this is still
> true:
>
> "This package currently requires a CPU supporting SSE2.
> You can check this with: dmesg | grep 'cpu.*SSE2'"

Yeah. I'm sure it's possible to get it working on non-sse2, there are
a few -msse2 flags in the *.gyp files and maybe a few more places that
include *_sse2.c files etc., but it should be configurable. So with a
few hours of work, it should be possible.

Since the new distfile I published doesn't have any embedded patches
in it (unlike the old one), you can easily add your own patches to the
port (maybe we can do a non-sse2 flavor and selective include such a
patch, in case there is an actual performance difference on other
machines)

> The i386 binary pkg installs and runs fine on my laptop.

Cool!