On Wed, 19 Jan 2011, Ian Darwin wrote:

> Lives is one of half a dozen vaguely competent NLE video editing tools
> out there in open source.
>
> It has the advantage over Cinelerra and OpenShot of depending
> only on stuff that is already in our tree for its "required"
> dependencies. It also differs in that it runs external programs
> for a lot of things instead of trying to have everything
> built in.
>
> This is the current development version (1.3.0); the "stable"
> version crashed due to a sigsegv while sorting an array
> during startup. This version at least starts up,
> but crashes on some import operations, and doesn't have good
> audio support - its configure doesn't find jack, though it's installed.
>
> Some import operations are unimaginably slow.
>
> But it opens and displays flv movies, so it's a start.
>
> port is at http://www.darwinsys.com/openbsd/myports/lives.tar.gz

Some nitpicks.

Can you make it install its doc into share/doc/lives instead of
/share/doc/lives-version...

It misses the update-desktop-database goos and dependency.

iconv in WANTLIB can go (you are already using the gettext MODULE).

You can probably tighten the RUN_DEPENDS. For example you register
graphics/gdk-pixbuf2 but you already depends on multimedia/mjpegtools
which brings gtk+2 which has a dependency on gdk-pixbuf2 already.

This is a bad construct:
WRKDIST =               ${WRKDIR}/${PKGNAME}
because when the package is bumped, WRKDIST will be wrong.

I had this on my porting todo for a while, I'm happy someone took a shot
at it, thanks :)

--
Antoine