> Some nitpicks.
>
> Can you make it install its doc into share/doc/lives instead of
> /share/doc/lives-version...

Will try that.

> It misses the update-desktop-database goos and dependency.

Actually it was installing the file so it worked with KDE, but wasn't
running the update program (hence not work with gnome?). I've added
the depend for that.

> iconv in WANTLIB can go (you are already using the gettext MODULE).

Done.

> You can probably tighten the RUN_DEPENDS. For example you register
> graphics/gdk-pixbuf2 but you already depends on multimedia/mjpegtools
> which brings gtk+2 which has a dependency on gdk-pixbuf2 already.

Example done.  port-lib-depends-check doesn't warn you when you've
over-done it :-)

> This is a bad construct:
> WRKDIST =             ${WRKDIR}/${PKGNAME}
> because when the package is bumped, WRKDIST will be wrong.

Ooh, you are so right. That's fixed.

> I had this on my porting todo for a while, I'm happy someone took a shot
> at it, thanks :)

Gladly, and thanks for the comments. A port with the above fixes is at
the same spot, http://www.darwinsys.com/openbsd/myports/lives.tar.gz