Dear All,

I just noticed that Naddy has committed nvi to the ports tree. As a user
of nvi from the base could anybody shed light on the purpose of this
commit. I remember earlier discussions among developers to bring nvi
from the base in sync with upstream. Does this commit mean that this is
not going to happen any time soon? Are there any benefits from using nvi
from the ports tree as oppose to the one from the base for people who do
not need UTF-8 support? In another words is this just replacement for
nvi-m17n from the ports or is it  something that "regular" users like me
should care about.

Best,
Predrag