On Sun, Dec 23, 2012 at 03:18:00PM +0100, Stefan Sperling wrote:
> This diff updates the e17 ports to the final 0.17.0 release.
>
> There are known issues (e.g. battery module) that I'm not addressing
> here. I want to get this upgrade out of the way first.
> This doesn't add any new patches but removes those that were rolled
> into the release by upstream.
>
> I haven't found a way to upgrade from 0.17.0alpha3 to 0.17.0
> without bumping EPOCH. Is this possible somehow?

It would have been possible if it had been rc/pre/beta... see
packages-specs(7) - unfortunately 'alpha' is not supported :) a feature
request for espie@ ?

> I've bumped shlib versions to 2.1, but didn't check wether any
> existing interfaces have been removed from the shared libs.
> Currently, the only user of these libraries is enlightenment itself
> so it doesn't really matter all that much anyway...

Ah, sloppy lazyness.. if you want to bump without checking, bump the
major at least. Your call on that.
Fwiw i use a 'dumpsyms' alias to check for api changes, but it's not
100% accurate.

dumpsyms='for i in `make print-plist | perl -n -e "print if s/\@lib //"`
; do nm -g /usr/local/$i | perl -n -e "print if s/^.{9}T //" > `make
show=PKGNAME`-`basename $i` ; done'

Use it in each port, before and after the update, then diff the output
for each version; You'll see if symbols appeared/changed/disappeared.
That doesnt check the function args types nor the #define, but it's a
first step.

> ok?

ok for me.

Landry