On Sun, 23 Dec 2012 15:18:00 +0100
Stefan Sperling <s...@openbsd.org> wrote:

> This diff updates the e17 ports to the final 0.17.0 release.
>
> There are known issues (e.g. battery module) that I'm not addressing
> here. I want to get this upgrade out of the way first.
> This doesn't add any new patches but removes those that were rolled
> into the release by upstream.
>
> I haven't found a way to upgrade from 0.17.0alpha3 to 0.17.0
> without bumping EPOCH. Is this possible somehow?
>
> I've bumped shlib versions to 2.1, but didn't check wether any
> existing interfaces have been removed from the shared libs.
> Currently, the only user of these libraries is enlightenment itself
> so it doesn't really matter all that much anyway...
>
> ok?
>
> [...] (snipped diff away)

        This compiles and runs for me with a few oddities...

        When I first ran it, it went through its configuration and then
I was left with an empty root window (the Enlightenment color) and the
e17 mouse cursor in a "lit up" state, but nothing else.  So I killed X,
which leaves me with my laptop's screen doing some strange strobe
effect with what looks like it's trying to be text along the top (had
this problem with the previous alpha also, but not with OpenBox).  So I
rebooted and started X again and I got the desktop I expected.  I
really wish I knew why this was; I have to reboot to get it to normal
if I close e17.  The Xorg log file doesn't show anything but a
successful shutdown.  Intel GM45 video.

        I also tested the battery module, which seems to work.  I've
never used it before, so if it isn't acting right I don't notice.

--TimH