j...@wxcvbn.org (Jérémie Courrèges-Anglas) writes:

> Vadim Zhukov <persg...@gmail.com> writes:

>>> Sendmail will probably leave the base source tree during this release.
>>> Here's the port I use since several months - but with a very limited use
>>> case.  The rc script is (for now) named esendmail.
>>>
>>> Test reports and comments welcome.
>>
>> Two small questions here, otherwise reads fine. I didn't test running
>> it yet, though.
>>
>> 1. It looks like missing a README on how to enable sendmail.
>
> Yup, I'd first mention the root crontab entry for the queue runner.

First stab at it.  Maybe it's too verbose, maybe there are important
missing items.  I moved most hints from sendmail-enable/disable in the
README, while here.

>> Or it
>> could run sendmail-enable and sendmail-disable right in the
>> rcscript...
>
> This sounds a bit too automated to my taste. :)
> But if other MTAs in the ports tree behave like this, why not.

Other MTAs don't behave so.  I think that providing reasonable
documentation and configuration templates is nicer in the end.

>> 2. Why do hide the "mv ${PREFIX}/sbin/makemap
>> ${PREFIX}/libexec/sendmail" command?
>
> No good reason.  I was propably bored when I added this and the @echo
> "Installing..." stuff.

I removed a bit more of those.

Other changes:
- added @newuser/@newgroup incantations, since smmsp from base will
  probably die soon, just like the named user for bind.
- use _smmsp in submit.mc
- disable ident queries, per ajacoutot@ in src/
- correct the messed up @sample stuff, the cf files ended up in /etc/
  instead of /etc/mail/.  oops
- replace documentation in sendmail-enable with more error checking

Next step could be splitting it in -main and -libmilter, and build
a shared lib in the latter.

Comments / feedback still welcome. :)

jca | PGP : 0x1524E7EE / 5135 92C1 AD36 5293 2BDF  DDCC 0DFA 74AE 1524 E7EE