Am Donnerstag, den 08.01.2015, 13:17 +0100 schrieb Stefan Sperling:

> [some remarks]

[x] changed it.

> Have you tried talking to upstream about using more portable command
> line flags in their Makefile so you can drop the -v flag patches in a
> future update?

Yes, I am in conversation with him. Yet I keep on finding new things
in the code paths that are seldom used by me ;-)

> Perhaps they could at least put in some abstraction to
> disable these flags (e.g. with 'make QUIET=yes' or 'make V=0' don't
> use -v options at all).

It is not only the Makefile, you'll find this in the base shell script
as well. For some command there already anchors for platform specific
substitutions (i.e. "getopt" and "shred").

Actually, the "verbose" and "colour" switches do not give me much
headaches. There are multiple possibilities to address this. Worse is
the usage "tree". For now, I had to substitute it somehow with "find |
grep" which of course is not as fancy and breaks the unit-test.

 -dd

--
David Dahlberg

Fraunhofer FKIE, Dept. Communication Systems (KOM) | Tel: +49-228-9435-845
Fraunhoferstr. 20, 53343 Wachtberg, Germany        | Fax: +49-228-856277