On 2015/11/04 21:48, Frank Groeneveld wrote:
> On 11/03/15 21:59, Landry Breuil wrote:
> > That reads good to me - minor nit, if you run make update-plist it
> > should remove the man/ man/man1/ dirs from the PLIST which i think are
> > not needed.
>
> Thanks for the feedback, I've done this and the updated PLIST is in the
> tarball attached.
>
> On 11/04/15 18:08, Jérémie Courrèges-Anglas wrote:
> >Another nit: the first word in COMMENT should not be capitalized:
> >Convert -> convert.
>
> Fixed that too, thank you for testing.
>
> >Other than that, ok jca@ to import.
>
> Could somebody commit it for me? I don't have commit access.

Done. (I also added a blank line before the COMMENT).

> >>As for the background dep on QT4, i highly prefer depending on the
> >>existing one instead of building another bundled copy, so the way you
> >>did it makes perfect sense.
> >
> >Well, the only place where I've seen wkhtmltopdf used is within Odoo
> >(https://www.odoo.com/), where it's used to produce invoices,
> >quotations, etc.  And there you *need* a wkhtmltopdf program built
> >against the bundled and patched Qt.  But since I don't see anyone
> >porting Odoo to OpenBSD tomorrow I think we're fine with using Qt from
> >ports. (:
>
> That's right, we use it in our company to create PDF files with headings and
> page numbers on headless servers, so eventually I would need the patced QT
> also. Would it be possible to make a flavor of this that is normally not
> build?

Seems pretty common for Qt things unfortunately. phantomjs needs a
patched Qt too, calibre uses private interfaces so it needs a :patch
target to find the headers...

I wonder how much time it would add to builds, it loses a lot of
features without the patched Qt (and I have somewhere I might
want to use that too).