On 04/23/18 06:09, Frederic Cambus wrote:
Hi ports@,

Here is a new port, for the latest version of GnuCOBOL (2.2), which was
previously called OpenCOBOL.

We have lang/open-cobol in ports, so I added conflict markers and the idea
is to remove it once this one goes in.

I bumped SHARED_LIBS major as functions were added and removed from libcob.

Here is an "Hello World!" program in COBOL to make testing easier:

        IDENTIFICATION DIVISION.
        PROGRAM-ID. hello.
        PROCEDURE DIVISION.
        DISPLAY "Hello World!".
        STOP RUN.

Save this into hello.cob and run: cobc -x hello.cob

>From DESCR:

GnuCOBOL is a free COBOL compiler, formerly known as OpenCOBOL.

It implements a substantial part of the COBOL 85, COBOL 2002 and COBOL 2014
standards, as well as many extensions included in other COBOL compilers.

GnuCOBOL translates COBOL into C and compiles the translated code using the
native C compiler.

Comments? OK?

Should GnuCOBOL autoupgrade OpenCOBOL users, like I just did with osh => etsh? Feels like it should, no?
It feels like there's a patch missing, so we can set the OSTYPE variable.
And you accidentally removed the -O2 -pipe from CFLAGS, so I added them back :) (as well as the ability for the user to set CPPFLAGS and LDFLAGS too)

Attached is a tarball with all of this. I think this is ok alongside the right quirks bits.

~Brian