On 2018-07-30 11:26:38, Kirill Bychkov <ki...@linklevel.net> wrote:
> Hi!
> This is a long standing update for wesnoth. Current version includes
> security fixes (which were backported to 1.12.6 in our tree).
> 1.14.x requires boost with icu support. Without it the game crashes
> on preferences dialog and add-on list.
> See my next mail with the patch for boost.
>
> Main changes from porters POV:
>  - upstream stopped supporting of lowmem machunes so lite FLAVOR removed
>  - upstream switched to c++11
>  - upstream switched to SDL2
>
> Changelog: https://github.com/wesnoth/wesnoth/blob/1.14/changelog.md

No problems here.

I've been able to successfully download and install several
add-ons, and play games on the multi-player server.

Barring no other problems, I'd love to see this go in.  The 1.12.x
series isn't compatible with the 1.14.x series, so it's next to
impossible to find other players who are still using the 1.12.x
series.

The player base is still small, but there are enough people
playing the 1.14.x series that it's possible to find people to
play against again with this update.

Many thanks to Kirill for putting the effort in to getting the new
release ported!

--
Bryan