On Thu, Feb 21, 2019 at 11:23:15PM +0100, Charlene Wendling wrote:

> Here is an update for Audio::MPD.
>
> What's new upstream (partial, see [1]):
>
> - support for mpd on a Unix socket
> - syncing with mpd changes, especially allow dumping song ratings
> - ipv6 support
>
> What's new in the port:

audio/p5-Audio-MPD/patches/patch-lib_Audio_MPD_Types_pm should be
removed, applied upstream.

> - Dropped CPAN_AUTHOR, it's unneeded here
> - Really install examples thanks to MODCPAN_EXAMPLES_DIST
> - When tested in the ports tree, mpd isn't in PATH, so i've symlinked
>   it in ${WRKDIR}/bin to enable them. If mpd isn't installed it skips
>   tests gracefully anyway.

If there's an already running mpd it fails to start one, but that's a
corner case :)

I dunno if the dependency on Audio-MPD-Common-2.003 should be enforced,
since upstream says there's no breaking changes.. but the major version
bump might say the contrary.

I noticed that it had a dependency on List::Utils 1.45 - 1.50 is in base
only since the 5.28 update it seems, but that's fine for -current - it
just complains with the 1.42 that was in 6.4 before.

> - It has no direct reverse dependencies but is pulled by
>   audio/p5-POE-Component-Client-MPD, and tests pass there - anyway
>   i've an update for it as well :)

my own 100-lines perl script pushing mpd songs to last.fm via
Audio::Scrobbler still works with it, so ok for me (and -Common & the
POE component too)

Landry