On Tue, Mar 05, 2019 at 11:18:56AM +0100, Martin Reindl wrote:
> Hello ports,
>
> Here is an update for math/netcdf, laying the groundwork for py-netcdf and
> python-pvlib, two ports I need for my projects.
>
> Things to consider:
>  - it's been decades since I worked in ports
>  - netcdf is now split into C, C++ and Fortran parts, this update only
>    preserves the C functionality
>  - C++ and Fortran are available with different version numbers so they should
>    probably go in their own packages which could follow at a later point
>  - passes make test, needs gdiff and bash as TEST_DEPENDS, remote tests are
>    disabled due to sporadic problems with the test server
>  - docs are also gone, therefore the two patches from 3.6.2 can go away
>  - the only dependency in-tree right now seems to be graphichs/gmt, checked it
>    still builds OK
>  - update probably needs some tuning (see #1)

So, comments portswise:
- no need for DIST_SUBDIR=${DISTNAME} (remember to regen distinfo)
- no need for the complicated DISTNAME/DISTFILES/WRKDIST dance

DISTNAME = ${NAME}-c-${V}
PKGNAME = ${NAME}-${V}

is enought and seems to work fine here

- i think you forgot to cvs rm patch-cxx_ncvalues_cpp &
  patch-ncgen_ncgen_1 in your diff :)
- all tests indeed pass, testing on non-x86 would be nice.
- major should probably be bumped as its a major version

and what matters for me, i can build MDAL fine with this update.
let's hear what MAINTAINER thinks about it.. maybe the c++ & fortran bits
should be ported too, but if nothing needs them.. .

Landry