On Sat, Jan 25, 2020 at 10:16:47AM +0100, Kusalananda Kähäri wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 25, 2020 at 03:07:00AM +0100, Ingo Schwarze wrote:
> > Hi Andreas,
>
> Good morning Ingo,
>
> See below.
>

> > Andreas Kusalananda wrote on Wed, Jan 22, 2020 at 08:58:26PM +0100:
> >
> > > I mount my /usr/local directory from a remote server over NFS
> > > using amd(8).  This means that I have the directories directly
[cut]
> Since running makewhatis on /usr/local/man (and actually also without
> a directory argument at all) corrects the database, I expect that the
> /etc/weekly script will actually correct the issue on my other machines,
> rather than corrupt the database with bogus entries.

Forgot to say that running

# sh /etc/weekly

fixes the issue on a machine where the manual database has these boges
entries.  I've moved the weekly job to another day, so I'll wait and see
if the automatic run of this fixes the issue on other machines (but I
would expect it to fix it).

--
Andreas (Kusalananda) Kähäri
SciLifeLab, NBIS, ICM