On Tue, Jan 28, 2020 at 02:51:28PM +0100, Paco Esteban wrote:
> Find attached a modified version of your port.  It did not build for me
> as you sent it, as they were some missing dependencies.  I also made it
> py3 only.

This looks great.

> I'm working on the tests part now.  This is a bit of a dependency rabbit
> hole, but I think it's doable.
>
> I do not have any binary to test burning, but I've tested things like
> read_mac and flash_id without success.  I constantly get the error:
>
>   A fatal error occurred: Failed to connect to ESP8266: Timed out
>   waiting for packet header

Not sure why you get that error. Will have to investigate. I burned with
this port without problems:

stef$ gmake -f makeEspArduino.mk UPLOAD_PORT=/dev/ttyU0 flash
Using: /dev/ttyU0 @ 115200
esptool.py v2.8
Serial port /dev/ttyU0
Connecting......
Chip is ESP8266EX
Features: WiFi
Crystal is 26MHz
MAC: a0:20:a6:0b:f3:93
Uploading stub...
Running stub...
Stub running...
Configuring flash size...
Auto-detected Flash size: 1MB
Flash params set to 0x0020
Compressed 279184 bytes to 202143...
Wrote 279184 bytes (202143 compressed) at 0x00000000 in 18.1 seconds
(effective 123.5 kbit/s)...
Hash of data verified.

Leaving...
Soft resetting...
stef$

> I'm testing this on a NodeMCU board which has a CH340G chip that appears
> as /dev/cuaU0.
>
> I may interrogate you in private about your setup to develop for those
> boards on OpenBSD if you don't mind :-P

No problem!

--

Tracey Emery