On Sun, Feb 02, 2020 at 11:50:12PM -0500, rsiddharth wrote:
> I found a reliable way to replicate the issue on OpenBSD snapshot #628:
>
>   0. $ uname -a
>
>      OpenBSD cygnus.ricketyspace.net 6.6 GENERIC.MP#628 amd64
>
>   1. $ raco pkg install --jobs $(sysctl -n hw.ncpuonline) --auto drracket
>
>      1.1. $ $HOME/.racket/7.5/bin/drracket
>
>           The text in the REPL renders correctly.
>
>           Also, this https://ricketyspace.net/tmp/text.rkt program
>           renders "Hello World 42" correctly.
>
>      1.2. Quit DrRacket.
>
>   2. # pkg_add ghostscript
>
>        Choose "ghostscript-9.07p7".
>
>   3. $HOME/.racket/7.5/bin/drracket
>
>       The text in the REPL does not display correctly.
>
>       The text.rkt program does not render the "Hello World 42"
>       correctly.
>
>   4. Quit DrRacket.
>

>   5. # pkg_delete ghostscript
>

>   6. # pkg_delete -a
>

>   7. $HOME/.racket/7.5/bin/drracket
>
>       The text in the REPL renders correctly.
>
>       The text.rkt program renders the "Hello World 42"
>       correctly.
>

> Installing the "ghostscript" package seems to cause the issue.
>
> Also, installing "texlive_texmf-full-2019" causes the issue (because it
> installs "ghostscript"?).
>
> I'm unable to explain why this is happening. It would be great if
> someone looks into this.

Here is a simple workaround:

# cd /etc/fonts/conf.d
# cat 71-no-ghostscript.conf
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE fontconfig SYSTEM "fonts.dtd">
<fontconfig>
<selectfont>
    <rejectfont>
        <glob>/usr/local/share/fonts/ghostscript/*</glob>
    </rejectfont>
</selectfont>
</fontconfig>
#

Create that file and your program should work again.

Thanks for your patience!.

--
Juan Francisco Cantero Hurtado http://juanfra.info