> Sent: Wednesday, June 03, 2020 at 2:24 PM
> From: "Stuart Henderson" <s...@spacehopper.org>
> To: "Renaud Allard" <ren...@allard.it>
> Cc: ports@openbsd.org
> Subject: Re: does a new port have to be the latest version?
>
> On 2020/06/03 14:17, Renaud Allard wrote:

> > > yes 0.6.3 looks to be a bit of a step backwards there. looking at the diff
> > > it did also remove a duplicate write of &aCommSize though.
> > >
> > > Note that it doesn't have proper licensing so will need to be marked as
> > > PERMIT_PACKAGE/PERMIT_DISTFILES=no license (some mention of "version
> > > developed on sourceforge under gpl" isn't a valid license grant).
> > >
> > https://github.com/jozip/cdirip/blob/master/LICENSE
> >
> > Mentions GPLV2
> >

> That is just a file in the distribution of the version on github. There's no
> indication that it was added by the original author of the code and the "How
> to Apply These Terms to Your New Programs" section hasn't been followed
> in particular there is no "Copyright XXX you can redistribute it" etc.
> The only valid copyright information I see in the whole distribution is
> the one in https://github.com/jozip/cdirip/blob/master/audio.c which says
>
> /* Copyright (C) 1988-1991 Apple Computer, Inc.
>  * All rights reserved.
>
> and does not grant redistribution.

Previous versions were not under the GPL, but the
original author released 0.6.3 under the GPL.
Source for all previous versions were always
available, and still are on the wayback machine of
the original homepage.

Essentially pre 0.6.3 is just source available.

Dist file mirroring is okay right? Besides the
wayback machine there is exactly one place I can
find 0.6.2, and it’s on a gnome related mirror
and in zip format. Right now I have the port’s
master site set to my own with a .tar.gz of the
source.