On Thu, Aug 06, 2020 at 12:18:50PM +0300, Kirill Bychkov wrote:
> On Sun, August 2, 2020 18:24, Paco Esteban wrote:

> >> Oh, sounds like they messed up the fix afterwards then :(
> >
> > I think I've found the issue.  I had to add a new patch to src/util.c.
> > They were trying to get the config file from
> > ${SYSCONFDIR}/goaccess/goaccess.conf and we put it on
> > ${SYSCONFDIR}/goaccess.conf
> >
> > Here's the updated patch.  With this it works fine for me on amd64.
> >

> Hi,
> Thanks for figuring this out. It works as before, using
> my old config.
> ok kirby@

Just to make sure i got it right, are you okay with the patch changing
the location upstream expects the config ? that changed in
https://github.com/allinurl/goaccess/commit/6efcac6179859a504d60a7b96e2549e6da853c95
where they default to a subdir of sysconfdir, and the code that looks
for the config file changed in
https://github.com/allinurl/goaccess/commit/91d3adaddd0a53cd23373f2ee1480de610bc4439.

paco's patch would revert the latter. Isnt it cleaner to just modify
where we @sample the default config file, adding a note to current.html
telling users the default config file location changed ?

Landry