On Mon, Sep 21, 2020 at 02:36:36PM +0100, Stuart Henderson wrote:
> It seems silly to have two tools that do basically the same thing, does this
> have something that show-reverse-deps doesn't? And if so, wouldn't it be
> better to improve the existing tool?
>
> Send tars not cvs diffs for new ports please.

I believe this is something different, that looks at installed packages.

I just looked at the shell script, didn't try to read it, but using
pkg_info this way is wrong.

If we are looking at transitive closure (one way or another) of dependencies
of installed packages, OpenBSD::RequiredBy has all the code already there,
all you would need is a thin wrapper of a few lines to do it.

The +REQUIRING and +REQUIRED_BY   are quick enough to read that I don't think
you actually need any kind of caching.

If you really insist on looking at @depend, grepping through it is wrong.

again, we did write code with Antoine in sysmerge that does this kind of
thing properly.

Specifically, what you want is a visitor that would get the info you need
and nothing more, definitely NOT grep in plists directly, that's brittle
and bound to fail eventually