On Wed, 13 Jan 1999, Steve Gardner wrote:

> Or perhaps maybe Garth does it just because he loves us all so much.
> Just like he says over and over.

Don't get me wrong -- I don't think Garth so loves the world that He gave
us lower CD and concert prices.  No matter how you slice it, he's makin'
tons of money.  Still, I'd have to agree with Jon that the Garthman's
primary motivation seems to be the fame of record-breaking numbers, rather
than making every possible dollar that he can.  With his level of
popularity, he could be making much more if he were so inclined.--don