Henrik K wrote:
On Thu, Aug 07, 2008 at 01:36:08PM -0500, Stan Hoeppner wrote:
What changes would I need to make in order to start using CIDR notation in my access file? I'm currently using the standard hashed access file.

Lookup table overview --> http://www.postfix.org/DATABASE_README.html

All Postfix lookup tables are specified as "type:table", where "type" is one
of the database types described under "Postfix lookup table types" at the
end of this document ...

cidr
A table that associates values with Classless Inter-Domain Routing
(CIDR) patterns. The table format is described in cidr_table(5).

http://www.postfix.org/cidr_table.5.html

That really didn't answer my question.  I guess I need to be more specific:

Is the CIDR file a plain text flat file? Do I need to run any commands against it to do the binary conversions or is that something Postfix does automatically on the fly?

I'm a bit confused because I'm "coming from" using a hashed db file. The documentation doesn't state what the actual file type of a CIDR file is, it just says it's not in dbm or db format:

The  Postfix  mail  system  uses  optional  lookup tables.
       These tables are usually in dbm or  db  format.   Alterna-
       tively,  lookup tables can be specified in CIDR (Classless
       Inter-Domain Routing) form.

I.e., can I just edit my access file, converting the dotted doubles, triples, and quads to CIDR slash notation, and use it as my CIDR file?