On Thu, 7 Aug 2008, Stan Hoeppner wrote:

Oh, heheh.  No, I meant like do I need to be running postmap on it from
the command line kinda scenario, like with the access file.

Stan,

  Yes: postmap. I use a Makefile so each time I change anything in
/etc/postfix the proper builds are run. Here's my Makefile:

# Makefile for /etc/postfix

TARGETS := access.db badaddr.db badip.db helo_checks.db\
        virtual.db aliases.db major-aliases.db recipients.db .build.mark

all: $(TARGETS)
        /usr/sbin/postfix reload
        rm -f *~

aliases.db: aliases
        /usr/sbin/postalias aliases

major-aliases.db: major-aliases
        /usr/sbin/postalias major-aliases

virtual.db: virtual
        /usr/sbin/postmap hash:/etc/postfix/virtual

.build.mark: main.cf master.cf header_checks body_checks
        touch .build.mark

%.db: %
        /usr/sbin/postmap $<

Rich