Rodre Ghorashi-Zadeh wrote:

This only affects mail when it enters postfix (or more specifically, when it leaves the content_filter). Mail already in the queue will not be affected. Mail that bypasses the content_filter will not be affected.

Why is "to=" logged above? There must be a recipient address to look up the recipient MX.

I sent the test message after I made the last adjustment (replacement of the
space with a comma) to the master.cf. I saw the message traverse the
content_filter (amavisd):

amavis[2669]: (02669-11) Passed CLEAN, MYNETS LOCAL [192.168.x.xxx]
[192.168.x.xxx]  -> , Message-ID: , mail_id: DX9iOWagdlkP, Hits: -3.748, size:
671, queued_as: 386063B91282, 316 ms

 then try and deliver directly, as apposed via the smarthost, hence the error
messages.

I believe the list software must have detected and removed the email address in the
"to=" field in order to stop email address harvesting. I double checked and it
was definitely there in the log and in the email I sent to the list. The email address
coincides with clubzone.com domain. What else can I try to debug?

~Rod

Postfix should note in the log if/when the FILTER action is triggered.

You can test your cidr map with
# postmap -q ip.address.to.check cidr:mapname
which should return your FILTER statement if the ip address is matched, or nothing if no match is found.

You can add a "-v" option to the 10025 smtpd listener to turn on verbose logging to get more detail of what happens, but sometimes that's more info than you need...
http://www.postfix.org/DEBUG_README.html

--
Noel Jones