Hi, all.

I was curious what best practices are nowadays for those who use post-queue filtering if they elect not to keep spam/virused/bad-attachment-laden messages, something which I found myself having to do owing to my previous message (there's no way to selectively disable pre-queueing on a per-connection basis based on connecting IP or whether the remote party has authenticated itself).

After having moved from pre-queue-filtering to condition-based post-queue filtering, that leaves me with a problem based on my present Amavsid policy of rejecting any questionable messages (spam/virus/banned attachments) to kill messages dead in their tracks during the SMTP sesssion. As such, I will have to change to something like D_DISCARD so I can keep my mail queue clean.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

--Ian.

--
Ian R. Justman
UNIX hacker.  Anime fan.  Any questions?