hi everyone,

I have been trying to telnet from my linux laptop using the following command

telnet 192.***.***.*** 25

and the host keeps shutting me down I know it is something to postfix but I don't know why? but if I telnet into port 143 or 22 I can get into to the server. I thought I might be the firewall but after flushing it will not work. The reason I am using the ip address is that I have on setup up a dns server. If I telnet localhost 25 after ssh into the server I can access it fine.

I am at the final point before I go online and I am trying everything out but I want to know if I can smtp inside the network before I go live and look at the logs go over

alias_database = hash:/etc/aliases
alias_maps = hash:/etc/aliases
append_dot_mydomain = no
biff = no
config_directory = /etc/postfix
content_filter = scan:127.0.0.1:10026
inet_interfaces = all
inet_protocols = all
mailbox_size_limit = 0
mydestination = mta.ert.com, mta, localhost.localdomain, localhost
myhostname = mta
mynetworks = 127.0.0.0/8, 192.168.1.2/24
myorigin = /etc/mailname
readme_directory = no
receive_override_options = no_address_mappings
recipient_delimiter = +
relayhost =
smtpd_banner = $myhostname ESMTP $mail_name (Ubuntu)
smtpd_tls_cert_file = /etc/ssl/certs/ssl-cert-snakeoil.pem
smtpd_tls_key_file = /etc/ssl/private/ssl-cert-snakeoil.key
smtpd_use_tls = yes
virtual_alias_maps = mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_alias_maps.cf
virtual_gid_maps = static:5000
virtual_mailbox_base = /home/vmail
virtual_mailbox_domains = mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_domains_maps.cf
virtual_mailbox_limit = 51200000
virtual_mailbox_maps = mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_mailbox_maps.cf
virtual_minimum_uid = 5000
virtual_transport = dovecot
virtual_uid_maps = static:5000