On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 02:09:25AM -0800, Jacky Chan wrote:

> I would like to set a specific tranport for mail sending to yahoo, which
> slow it down to avoid getting greylisted. I set a dedicated transport in
> master.cf like
>
> slow      unix  -       -       n       -       1       smtp
>
> And set the pre-transport parameters in main.cf like
> slow_destination_recipient_limit = 2
>
> I would like to ask, why this configuration doesn't show up after I issue
> postfix reload or even restart the server?

This parameter is one built-in to Postfix, and "postconf" does not report
user-created parameters.

Also, setting this parameter won't "slow" down mail to Yahoo, it will
in fact increase the number of messages sent, while lowering the number
of recipients per-messages (assuming some messages have more than 2
Yahoo recipients, otherwise it has no effect at all).

If your prorblem is output-rate or destination concurrency, you are using
the wrong tool. If you must reduce the recipient count per transaction,
IIRC Yahoo seems to prefer 10 recipients per-message rather than the
RFC required 100.

--
        Viktor.