Noel Jones wrote:
You need to configure postfix to reject unknown recipients during SMTP. Switching to something other than amavisd-new and/or switching to a before-queue filter won't help that.

Hey Noel. I actually am rejecting unknown recipients. I wrote some software to refresh the recipients map every five minutes on my system.

amavisd-new meets all your criteria, providing you configure it to tag+deliver mail rather than bounce.

Well, I also have it set to bounce messages with a spamassassin score above 12. Turning that off and just delivering everything with tagging *could* work. It would be highly annoying for my end users, however.

If you describe your problem in more detail, you will likely get more specific recommendations in solving it.

Not sure what more I can add, but I'll give it a shot.

The backscatter is mostly messages with a spam score above 12. They're being sent off to all sorts of off-site addresses. In addition, there are some messages that has the sender address being set the same as the recipient.

-Chris