On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 09:50:26PM +0800, jan gestre wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 7:44 PM, Wietse Venema <wie...@porcupine.org> wrote:
> > David Cottle:
> > [ Charset ISO-8859-1 unsupported, converting... ]
> >>
> >> All,
> >>
> >> I see this a lot in my mail.log (unknown):
> >>
> >> Feb 10 20:38:28 server postfix/smtpd[21977]: connect from
> >> unknown[72.4.168.106]
> >> Feb 10 09:38:30 server postfix/smtpd[21977]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT
> >> from unknown[72.4.168.106]: 554 5.7.1 Service unavailable; Client host
> >
> > Try: http://www.postfix.org/DEBUG_README.html#no_chroot. If it
> > works, send a complaint to your vendor. I, the Postfix author, do
> > not recommend that chroot is turned on except by experts.
> >
> >        Wietse
> >
> > Try turning off chroot operation in master.cf
> >
> > A common mistake is to turn on chroot operation in the master.cf
> > file without going through all the necessary steps to set up a
> > chroot environment. This causes Postfix daemon processes to fail
> > due to all kinds of missing files.
> >
> > The example below shows an SMTP server that is configured with
> > chroot turned off:
> >
> >    /etc/postfix/master.cf:
> >        # =============================================================
> >        # service type  private unpriv  chroot  wakeup  maxproc command
> >        #               (yes)   (yes)   (yes)   (never) (100)
> >        # =============================================================
> >        smtp      inet  n       -       n       -       -       smtpd
> >
> > Inspect master.cf for any processes that have chroot operation not
> > turned off. If you find any, save a copy of the master.cf file,
> > and edit the entries in question. After executing the command
> > "postfix reload", see if the problem has gone away.
> >
> > If turning off chrooted operation made the problem go away, then
> > congratulations. Leaving Postfix running in this way is adequate
> > for most sites. If you prefer chrooted operation, see the Postfix
> > BASIC_CONFIGURATION_README file for information about how to prepare
> > Postfix for chrooted operation.
> >

> I have this same problem that I was not able to solve for almost a
> week now. I posted too on various mailing lists including this (mail
> from gmail and yahoo are blocked), some suggested to install a caching
> nameserver but obviously in your case it doesn't work too. Replaced
> OpenDNS with other DNS server to no avail, still the same result. If
> rbl is enabled all incoming emails were blocked so I have no recourse
> but to turn it off, caveat is I've got lots of SPAM. Also I don't have
> Postfix in chroot environment.
>
> Here's my log:
>
> Feb 10 21:34:46 kartero postfix/smtpd[14176]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT
> from wf-out-1314.google.com[209.85.200.172]: 554 5.7.1 Service
> unavailable; Client host [209.85.200.172] blocked using
> bl.spamcop.net; from=<ipcopper...@gmail.com>
> to=<jan.ges...@ddb.com.ph> proto=ESMTP helo=<wf-out-1314.google.com>

You may want to use something like policyd-weight to moderate the
effects of a single RBL. It can be configured to require several
RBL's or message characteristics to be valid before the message is
rejected. It also allows you to adjust the reject threshold to
minimize false-positive responses.

Cheers,
Ken