Robert A. Ober escribió:
On 3/4/2009 10:05 AM, Miguel Da Silva - Centro de Matemática wrote:
Victor Duchovni escribió:
On Wed, Mar 04, 2009 at 09:35:38AM -0200, Miguel Da Silva - Centro de Matem?tica wrote:

The user was not "relaying": mail was sent to a domain you are responsible
for, so this was not blocked by "reject_unauth_destination".
Well... I don't think so, maybe I am not understandig reject_unauth_destinations correctly.

You are the one asking the question, so it would be wise to take time
to research and test the (correct) answer you were given.

* Postfix is the final destination: the resolved RCPT TO domain matches $mydestination, $inet_interfaces, $proxy_interfaces, $virtual_alias_domains, or $virtual_mailbox_domains, and contains no sender-specified routing (u...@elsewhere@domain).

But, reading the second one I would say every local user sending mail to another local user will get it done through the server.

Any client (regardless of envelope sender address) passes this restriction
when sending to a local destination address.

It's done... now I could say there are no problem. I misunderstood the documentation, so I checked them one more time and did some tests.

Everything is working as it should.

Thank you.
Since I am trying to get basically the same thing to work, where did your sasl come from? I came in late to the discussion. What OS are you running?

Thanks,
Robert

Well, it came from dovecot.org :) Maybe I misunderstood your question, please let me know. I'm running Postfix 2.3.x and Dovecot 1.0.

My "problem" was a confusing configuration. I mean, settings things up in non very wise way. The local SMTP is public and receive mail to/from local users to/from people everywhere.

Now, the configuration says: "if you're part of $mynetwork your mail goes with no authentication; if you are not, then you must authenticate to send mail to anyone and if you do not authenticate, then you can send mail just to local users".

Is it clear?

Greetings.
--
Miguel Da Silva