Noel Jones wrote:
> Chris Dos wrote:
>>
>> Well, pointing the gun the wrong way is differently something that I
>> don't want to be doing.  But in the case,
>> I'm confused.  I'm having mail-dr send out to another server,
>> mail.chrisdos.com, on the internet.  Mail-DR is
>> a separate mail server all together on a different domain and
>> network.  I'm just sending the e-mail to my
>> server to test this.
>>
>> I'm doing  smtpd_recipient_restrictions and adding that hash.  That
>> won't work for outgoing e-mail?
>>
>>     Chris
>
> All postfix restrictions operate on input, ie. when mail is received by
> postfix.  Can't change that.
>
>   -- Noel Jones

Okay, since the e-mail never finishes sending because the user is unknown on
the other end and it is rejected
right away, is there another way to do this.

The whole point of this exercise for me is to just intercept a bounce back and
process it internally instead
of bouncing it back to the person that originally sent the mail.  The best way
seems to be to use VERP.  Is
there something I'm missing or a different way to go about doing this.  Maybe
pass all initial bounces through
procmail or something to that affect?

        Chris