Victor Duchovni wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 07:09:29PM +0000, Duane Hill wrote:
>
>>> Though now I'm getting this error after sending bounce to pipe:
>>> Mar 20 12:41:54 mail-dr postfix/pipe[10163]: warning: unexpected attribute
>>> nrequest from bounce socket
>>> (expecting: flags)
>>> Mar 20 12:41:54 mail-dr postfix/pipe[10163]: warning: deliver_request_get:
>>> error receiving common attributes
>>> Mar 20 12:41:54 mail-dr postfix/qmgr[10151]: 9F2AF28E134: removed
>> Sure. You just took out Postfix's ability to handle bouncing messages
>> properly. Have you looked at the man page for bounce(8) to see what its
>> purpose is and all it does?
>
> DO NOT modify in any way the Postfix bounce(8) service entries in master.cf.
> It is a critical internal service.
>
>       bounce    unix  -       -       n       -       0       bounce
>       defer     unix  -       -       n       -       0       bounce
>       trace     unix  -       -       n       -       0       bounce
>
> The current list of critical services is:
>
>     # critical internal services:
>
>     pickup    fifo  n       -       n       60      1       pickup
>     cleanup   unix  n       -       n       -       0       cleanup
>     qmgr      fifo  n       -       n       300     1       qmgr
>     tlsmgr    unix  -       -       n       1000?   1       tlsmgr
>     rewrite   unix  -       -       n       -       -       trivial-rewrite
>     bounce    unix  -       -       n       -       0       bounce
>     defer     unix  -       -       n       -       0       bounce
>     trace     unix  -       -       n       -       0       bounce
>     verify    unix  -       -       n       -       1       verify
>     flush     unix  n       -       n       1000?   0       flush
>     showq     unix  n       -       n       -       -       showq
>     proxymap  unix  -       -       n       -       -       proxymap
>     proxywrite unix -       -       n       -       1       proxymap
>     anvil     unix  -       -       n       -       1       anvil
>     scache    unix  -       -       n       -       1       scache
>
>     # critical delivery agents:
>
>     error     unix  -       -       n       -       -       error
>     retry     unix  -       -       n       -       -       error
>
> Do not modify the above except for "-o" options with "pickup" and
> "cleanup" in some configurations. You can add, modify or delete the
> various "normal" delivery agents or SMTP listeners:
>
>     smtp      inet  n       -       n       -       -       smtpd
>     smtp      unix  -       -       n       -       -       smtp
>     relay     unix  -       -       n       -       -       smtp
>       -o smtp_fallback_relay=
>     discard   unix  -       -       n       -       -       discard
>     local     unix  -       n       n       -       -       local
>     virtual   unix  -       n       n       -       -       virtual
>     lmtp      unix  -       -       n       -       -       lmtp

I have read what the the bounce service does.  I wish to intercept ALL hard
bounces and process them
internally with a script.  I don't want it to bounce back to the sender that
sent the bad message.  I haven't
been able to figure out a way to do it yet.  If the bounce service also handles
soft bounces then this isn't
the method to take.  If there is another method that someone suggests, I'm all
ears.

        Chris

        Chris