mwoodpatrick--- via Postfix-users:
> Removing the config directory, uninstalling and reinstalling now provides a
> clean start of postfix:
>
> sudo postfix start
> postfix/postfix-script: starting the Postfix mail system

Will it also start with systemd commands? Probably, but that requires
verification.

> Next question is where can I find accurate instructions on setting up the
> configuration for arch linux to forward mail to my gmail account?

That depends on your use case.

- You FORWARD email from elsewhere to Gmail as the final destination.
You can expect pain with SPF, DMARC, and spam filtering.

- You GENERATE email that Gmail should forward to other destinations.
You can expect pain with relay authorization; there are some howtos
for using OAUTH to allow using Gmail as an intermediate relay.