we must be looking at different manuals/specifications because I don't see how
a SMFIC_ABORT is implied here.

but

I don't think it matters anyway, it should not make any difference, just extra
traffic between postfix and the milters :)

I'll adjust my milter to expect SMFIC_ABORT after STARTTLS.

Thank you for taking the time to help me.