To avoid using a public name server for DNSBL lookups, I would like the DNSBL checks to be done using only the name server running on localhost. But I would like the rest of the system to have for instance Google as a secondary name server.

I do not use postscreen.

If I place a resolv.conf containing only localhost in the postfix chroot jail, while /etc/resolv.conf contains multiple name servers, will that work?  I.e., is resolv.conf read by postfix (smtpd, I assume) only after it is chrooted?

(I assume so, but would like confirmation.)

If that is the case, all I need is to somehow make Debian not copy /etc/resolv.conf into the chroot jail.

Thanks,
Jesper

--
Jesper Dybdal