On 2023-11-05 17:51, Wietse Venema via Postfix-users wrote:
Jesper Dybdal via Postfix-users:
To avoid using a public name server for DNSBL lookups, I would like the
DNSBL checks to be done using only the name server running on localhost.
But I would like the rest of the system to have for instance Google as a
secondary name server.

I do not use postscreen.

If I place a resolv.conf containing only localhost in the postfix chroot
jail, while /etc/resolv.conf contains multiple name servers, will that
work?? I.e., is resolv.conf read by postfix (smtpd, I assume) only after
it is chrooted?

(I assume so, but would like confirmation.)

If that is the case, all I need is to somehow make Debian not copy
/etc/resolv.conf into the chroot jail.
Have you considered running a local DNS resolver? Then all you need
is "nameserver: 127.0.0.1". That also gives you a bit more privacy
than sending all queries to the same provider.

        Wietse

I do run a local resolver. I am just (and quite possibly unnecessarily) worried that during the (few) moments where the local resolver for some reason is stopped, some DNSBL may react badly to a request that comes from the secondary, public, resolver - by responding in a way that causes the mail to be rejected.

--
Jesper Dybdal
https://www.dybdal.dk