Am 07.11.2023 um 17:26 schrieb Wietse Venema via Postfix-users:
Viktor Dukhovni via Postfix-users:
On Tue, Nov 07, 2023 at 08:14:04AM -0500, Wietse Venema via Postfix-users wrote:

Another option would be to use the DNS resolver (Bind, unbound, etc)
support to manipulate zone lookups.
But the OP wants a dedicated transport (for concurrency control and
scheduling), not a change of destination IP, though in a multi-stage MTA
setup that IP could point at a dedicated Postfix instance.
I know that, but it was not obvious to me that the OP needs to
support high volume.

Actually, I do not need a high volume support. We only want to make sure to get our mails delivered to customers who are on M$ infrastructure.

Just changing the IP returned by DNS to a different mail exchange provider will not help, as authentication is needed to route mail through their infrastructure. To setup a dedicated Postfix instance would be an option. It could take care of the authentication when contacting the service.

Am I right, at the current moment this cannot be done within Postfix but would have to be done in the DNS system, right?

Thanks

Norbert