Hi,

We have a relay server which has been working fine (postfix 3.3.0-1ubuntu0.4)

Now there are ~20K mails in the active queue for a certain recipient and they
are just sitting there.

Such an email just comes in from the client, gets its queue id, etc. and lands
in the active queue. Then it stays there.

There are regularly repeated postfix/qmgr logs like this but nothing more:
postfix/qmgr ... from=..., size=9499, nrcpt=1 (queue active)

How can I tell why postfix keeps them in the active queue for so long?

I've tested the destination server and it accepts connection from our server.

Thanks a lot!
Gino