Marcio Merlone:
> John Peach escreveu:
> > On Thu, 28 May 2009 11:56:38 +0200
> > Ralf Hildebrandt <ralf.hildebra...@charite.de> wrote:
> >
> >> Turns out Wietse was wrong:
> >> http://lwn.net/SubscriberLink/334866/fffe7b1a0716c0e4/
> >
> > All political; no real rational reasoning for it........
>
> I see no technical reason, but politics _sometimes_ are rational. Did
> they talk to Wietse about licensing terms for postfix, maybe considering
> a double licensing scheme? Did Wietse knew or dreamed about it?

OpenBSD objected to the current license. I asked them to look at
a newer IBM license and that did not address their objection. I
was not motivated to spend a lot of time with IBM lawyers to draft
up a new license.

Apart from that, if they come up with a decent MTA then I welcome
some competition. More motivation for me to look into postfix-lite.