LuKreme wrote:
After reading (and implementing) http://www.postfix.org/STRESS_README.html#hangup I was wondering if there is any reason not to extend this behavior to 127.0.0.4-8 (the XBL)?

Also, why would I want:
8 rbl_reply_maps = ${stress?hash:/etc/postfix/rbl_reply_maps}

Is there a reason I would only want to hangup on the RBL listed connections when the server is stressed instead of all the time?

The STRESS_README was written before postfix supported 521 as a hangup action, so yes, it's reasonable to disconnect after any RBL hit during stress.

I am somewhat hesitant to recommend using 521 as your "standard" RBL reject code since the RFCs don't specifically mention 521/disconnect as a valid code (421/disconnect is mentioned as a special case). On the other hand, clients "MUST" interpret any 5xx code as a permanent reject. This hasn't been widely tested and there's just enough wiggle room here that it's possible some clients will behave badly. But it's probably fine.

  -- Noel Jones