On 9/8/2009 3:07 AM, Paul Beard wrote:

I am getting no inbound email after locking down the requirements of
users to authenticate before sending. I dropped back from current
(2.7.*) to 2.6.5.

Not having any success getting tcpdump output. The version I have
differs from the example in the DEBUG instructions.

Complete error messages. Please use cut-and-paste, or use attachments,
instead of reciting information from memory.

Sep 8 00:45:33 shuttle postfix/smtpd[56335]: lost connection after
CONNECT from mail-pz0-f204.google.com[209.85.222.204]

Looks like the client disconnected.

Test your TLS implementation with
openssl s_client -connect IP:port -starttls smtp

If you get a
250 DSN
or similar message after all the SSL handshake goop, then it worked.

maps_rbl_domains = blackholes.mail-abuse.org

maps_rbl_domains parameter is deprecated. See the reject_rbl_client command instead.

smtpd_helo_restrictions = permit_mynetworks, reject_non_fqdn_hostname,
reject_invalid_hostname, permit

You need permit_sasl_authenticated right after permit_mynetworks.

smtpd_sender_restrictions = permit_mynetworks, permit_sasl_authenticated

This is a no-op, you can remove it.

I don't see an smtpd_recipient_restrictions here. You will need at least:
smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
  permit_mynetworks
  permit_sasl_authenticated
  reject_unauth_destination

smtpd_tls_loglevel = 3

Everything you may need should be logged at level 1.

strict_rfc821_envelopes = yes

This may reject legit mail.

--master.cf--

smtp inet n - n - 200 smtpd

-o content_filter=filter:

-o smtpd_tls_wrappermode=yes

Ouch!  Don't do that!
This is likely why the client disconnected; your server was speaking SSL and the client was speaking normal SMTP. It looked like garbage to the client. Wrappermode should only be used on a dedicated port, typically 465 "smtps".

-o smtpd_sasl_auth_enable=yes

Since smtpd_sasl_auth_enable is set in main.cf, no reason to set it here.

 -- Noel Jones