Quoting Ansgar Wiechers <li...@planetcobalt.net>:

On 2009-11-18 cont...@rusanu.com wrote:
I'm using sendmail to send to "someu...@mydomain.com" from the machine
that is the A DNS of mydomain, but is not the MX one. postfix relays
this to 127.0.0.1 and it gets rejected with 450 user unknown. I want
it to use the normal rules and deliver it to the MX registered address
for "mydomain.com", where my pop box is.

I looked over the main.cf but nothing jumped out 'fix me here' to
solve this. Any hint?

Please post the output of "postconf -n". And if you must obfuscate your
domain name, please use names from RFC 2606. They're reserved for
exactly this purpose.

You can bypass mx lookup for example using following syntax on transport maps:

domain.net      :[mx.domain.net]

--
Eero