On Fri, Nov 27, 2009 at 06:56:16AM -0800, Harakiri wrote:
> > What problem are you actually trying to solve?
>
> I know about all the difficulties with MX lookup etc, the original
> goal would be - that i have a policy for external domains - and that
> for certain domains a message should only be sent if TLS is
> available - if a message to a certain domain is sent which does not
> support TLS - it should be blocked

This sounds quite similar to
http://www.postfix.org/TLS_README.html#client_tls_policy

> - i know i could probably do this
> with a policy server but i already have a custom 'filter' with an
> existing policy system - so thats why i asked if there is a tool
> which could query a server for TLS support -

There is no Postfix reason why you couldn't run more than one policy
service, FWIW.

> also i would like to
> visualize in my graphical mail log that the message has been sent
> using TLS.

Check out the #client_logging anchor in the above-linked document.
It's left to you, of course, to translate the actual syslog into
graphics.