On Sat, 05 Dec 2009 21:32:02 -0600
Stan Hoeppner <s...@hardwarefreak.com> wrote:

> It's looking like I was having transient issues with my resolvers.  I
> did some more log digging and found more dns related temp fails than I
> should be having given my mail volume.  I've since switched from the old
> resolvers to the new free Google resolvers.  So far so good.  If I run
> into problems there, I'll switch again or setup my own caching resolver.

Stan,
I don't know anything about Google's resolvers. I only know you'd be better off
with reliable resolvers you can control when running an MX and rely on reverse
DNS to be OK and use DNS blocklists.

We use only local DNS resolvers, and do not have problems many others have.
It's not difficult to set up, so there's no point rely on a third party for
such basic and important service.

Mikael