Dominik Schulz:
> Am Montag 11 Januar 2010 15:08:05 schrieb Wietse Venema:
> > l...@ds.gauner.org:
> > > Hi,
> > > I'm trying to use header_checks in conjunction with a pcre map to
> > > distribute certain mail traffic to certain outgoing transports. I've got
> > > a setup like this:
> > > --- main.cf snip ---
> > > header_checks = pcre:/etc/postfix/header.pcre
> > > --- snap ---
> > > --- header.pcre snip ---
> > to send mail for MANY destinations through ONE filter destination.
> > If you don't specify a next-hop destination, then Postfix will
> > choose a default one.
> > To make Postfix routing sender dependent, use
> > sender_dependent_relayhost_maps (Postfix 2.3 and later) or
> > sender_dependent_default_transport_maps (Postfix 2.7 and later).
> Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I don't seem to have myself clear.
>
> I want to controll to nexthop (i.e. the outgoing relay) through some kind of
> "X-"-Header, e.g. "X-CUSTOMER_ID: 34554", and not through the
> sender/recipient
> addresses.
>
> Is there some way to achieve this behaviour?

The short answer: specify a FILTER command that points to a Postfix
instance that has its own unique hostname, and that is bound to
its own unique IP address.

        myhostname = unique-name.example.com
        inet_interfaces = $myhostname

Adding Postfix instances is easy with Postfix 2.6.

Until someone explains why they must use the header and can't use
the envelope sender, I am not inclined to invest a lot of effort
on my side to find out if there exists a better solution.