toneeeda...@googlemail.com a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I wonder if anyone can help with what will probably be a very simple
> problem.
>
> I have setup postfix and am now just trying to setup my system so that
> all emails to root get redirected to an external address, this is done
> in teh aliases file ine /etc/
>
> i have then ran newalises and all seems to be fine.
>
> If i then send an email to root it gets sent to r...@server1.domain.tld
> rather than r...@domain.tld. So it just sits in the queue, not knowing
> where to be delivered.

The way you state it, it's not possible...

- when you send mail to <joe>, it gets sent to <j...@$myorigin>. you can set:
myorigin = $mydomain
this way, <root> become <r...@domain.tld> (without the host part).

more on this in the ADDRESS REWRITE README (if you don't know where this
is, google will bring you there).

if this doesn't solve your problem, please be more precise:
- explain exactly what you want and what happens (try to be as precise
as you can. don't forget that what may be "natural" for you is not
natural for others...)
- show the output of 'postconf -n'.

more advice is found in the DEBUG README.