Hi,

I installed postfix on a machine, which has been configured as a mail relay
server.
I want it to do 2 things:
A. accept requests from only trusted SMTP clients
B. accept requests that are addressed to domain2.net

Point A is achieved by adding the following to /etc/postfix/main.cf:
mynetworks = 192.168.112.0/24 127.0.0.1
smtpd_client_restrictions =
                permit_mynetworks
                reject

Point B is done by adding the following to /etc/postfix/main.cf:
relay_domains = domain2.net
smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
                permit_auth_destination
                reject

Other relevant settings in /etc/postfix/main.cf:
myhostname = www1.test.domain1.net
mydomain = test.domain1.net

Sending an email to my yahoo email address from a trusted SMTP client is being
rejected as expected.
The SMTP client runs sendmail, which is properly configured to use the mail
relay server.
However, doing the same from the mail relay server is not being blocked as
expected.
What am I missing here? Thanks.