On 2/23/2010 1:54 PM, Yungwei Chen wrote:
Hi,

I installed postfix on a machine, which has been configured as a mail
relay server.

I want it to do 2 things:

A. accept requests from only trusted SMTP clients

B. accept requests that are addressed to domain2.net

Point A is achieved by adding the following to /etc/postfix/main.cf:

mynetworks = 192.168.112.0/24 127.0.0.1

smtpd_client_restrictions =

permit_mynetworks

reject

Point B is done by adding the following to /etc/postfix/main.cf:

relay_domains = domain2.net

smtpd_recipient_restrictions =

permit_auth_destination

reject

Other relevant settings in /etc/postfix/main.cf:

myhostname = www1.test.domain1.net

mydomain = test.domain1.net

Sending an email to my yahoo email address from a trusted SMTP client is
being rejected as expected.

The SMTP client runs sendmail, which is properly configured to use the
mail relay server.

However, doing the same from the mail relay server is not being blocked
as expected.

What am I missing here? Thanks.

Perhaps surprisingly, postfix smtpd_*_restrictions only apply to mail submitted via smtp.

  -- Noel Jones