Hi !

I downloaded postfix-2.7.0 and I need to manually build it.
The goal is to place everything in a different folder than usual : /opt/postfix

To do that at the make install, I set the root_folder at /opt/postfix and then at the next questions, the default choice is good for me.

However, if I run /opt/postfix/usr/sbin/postfix, I get the following error :
postfix: fatal: open /etc/postfix/main.cf: No such file or directory

Even though I said everything should be in /opt/postfix, it looks for at the wrong place. Ok then, no problem, I'll just build in a different way and at the make makefiles, I use the option CCARGS='-DDEF_CONFIG_DIR=\"/opt/postfix\"'

Then, the make install, root_folder = /opt/postfix

I run /opt/postfix/user/sbin and then I have the error :
postfix: fatal: open /opt/postfix/etc/postfix/main.cf: No such file or directory

Indeed, because now the real path is /opt/postfix/opt/postfix/etc/postfix/... (there are 2 /opt/postfix)

Did I do something wrong or is there a problem ?

It seems there is a little mix up between DEF_CONFIG_DIR and the root_folder.
./postfix looks for at $DEF_CONFIG_DIR
whereas the make install put the file at $root_folder/$DEF_CONFIG_DIR

and I can't change the root_folder because then the other files would not be at the right place.
I could use a symbolic link but in my opinion it would be a hack.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,
   Grégory BELLIER.